Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wow!

I can't believe it's been over a month since I posted anything. This home remodel project has become a living, breathing monster threatening to consume us. It seems that once we moved upstairs to just take a wall out, we get additional ideas. So, now we decided to take out all the flooring in the kitchen and family room and install hardwood flooring. When this is done, we will have hardwood in the entryway, dining room, kitchen and family room. We are going to be kicked out of the upstairs for 3 days during the sanding and finishing stages of this. Thank god the basement is done with a bathroom, TV outlets and laundry. Guess who will be firing up the barbeque for those 3 nights.
We are hoping we will have at least a month or more here at home after everything is done. Don't remember if I told all where we will be this winter. Morro Bay State Park on the California coast.
By the way, Michelle and Nanette are probably the only kids that would remember, but it was 37 years ago this month that we moved to Goldendale, Washington from California.
Well, it's time for me to wade through the construction zone to hit the sack. To any of my kids who might read this, I love you all very much.
Dad

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Dad, your house is going to be gorgeous! Are you sure you want to sell it? We were hoping to make it there this month but it's not looking good. Maybe we can take a quick trip in Sept, before you make your winter trek!
I can't believe we left CA 37 years ago! There's no way any of us are THAT old. :) Good ole Goldendale... I "lost" my appendix and started playing flute there.
It was good to see a post from you.
LOVE YOU!!

Nanette Hirschi said...

You know, I always check out your blog and am so excited when there is something new. Now I need to update mine. It is just so time consuming! Goldendale 37 years ago is so hard to believe. My memory of Goldendale was the snow. I know it wasn't the first time seeing snow on the ground, but for me it was the first seeing it fall from the sky and cover the ground. I can still remember how amazed I was. Your house was amazing before, I can't imagine what it will look like when you get everything done! I love you tons dad:)