Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Hate Painting

Well, here we are for the 3rd time painting our family room, kitchen and dining room. The contractor has all of the unfinished hardwood flooring down and wants all the walls painted before he sands and finishes the flooring. The worst part is masking everything off. The end result will be great though. It's just agonizing getting it done.
He wants us out of the house for 3 days while he does the finishing so we are going to Las Vegas to meet Wanda's sisters the 24th of August. We both had frequent flier miles, so that part doesn't cost us anything, but we have a pretty strict gambling budget though.
I'll try to post some before and after photos for you all to look at.

4 comments:

Nanette Hirschi said...

I remember when I painted my room in M.L. You were so nice to let me paint it lavendar. I don't know if I would be as nice to my kids, but they have never asked! And you are right, masking is the worst! We are in the middle of a big landscaping project and we have dirt and dust everywhere...."I hate dirt"!

Michelle said...

Hey Dad, we really need to see some new pictures on your blog! And I'm ready to walk you through your playlist whenever you're ready. I had to redo mine so the songs would shuffle.

Nanette Hirschi said...

Yah dad, more pictures. Take some of your extreme home makeover:) And I'm anxious to hear what songs you will put on your playlist. Keith better be on it!! Nothing like nagging daughters:)

kristy said...

It is so worth it! Painting, masking and everything horrible thing that goes with any makeover is worth it! I love what you both have done, what an improvement! I am in the middle of painting and tiling our home now--does it ever stop? No, not when you are a homeowner. In fact I am going to go now because I am sealing our grout little by little.