Monday, January 5, 2009

Let It Snow!


Spokane is buried in snow. Our housesitter lives in Orofino, Idaho and works for Bonneville Power in Spokane 3 days a week. For over a week now, he has not been able to get to our house because of road closures. He finally got in yesterday and called another friend of ours who came over with his tractor and cleared 3' of snow out of the driveway! They just called me a few minutes ago and were outside raking 5' of snow off of the lower portions of the roof.

We are so glad to be gone!. It was 2 years ago today that I retired from the control center. They had to evacuate it today because the roof began collapsing from the snowload!

I attached a picture of our house taken by the neighbors this afternoon.

We look forward to getting home in May, just hope that all the snow has melted by then.
Oh, that's the tip of our mailbox in the front of the picture.

2 comments:

kristy said...

OHHHHHHH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! I never thought it was that bad!!!!!How scary! I was just thinking that I am glad I do not live where it snows--my goodness!!!! I feel sorry for you guys!!!!!!!

Love,
Kristy

Michelle said...

This picture of your house is crazy! I can't believe all the snow Spokane has right now.I would go nuts - with the snow we had here we felt so trapped! Thank goodness you have friends looking out for you and taking care of things. Enjoy the weather where you are!