Friday, June 6, 2008

Getting Started

I'm trying to get this blog started and it is not intuitively easy.
Maybe once I get it going, my kids and Wanda's kids will have a better idea of what we are doing now that we are retired.
The last 2 winters we have run away from home to get away from the snow and ice of Spokane. The only way we can afford to be away is to volunteer host and various campgrounds.
We started by spending 3 months in 2007 with the Oregon State Parks system on the Oregon coast. Not snowy but quite rainy at times. This past winter, we did the month of October with the Oregon State Parks and from there, we went to San Luis Obispo County park system in a somewhat remote area halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco about 30 miles inland from the coast. Santa Margarita Lake was beautiful! Spent 5 months there and enjoyed every minute of it. Will post some pictures once I figure out how!
We came home the end of March just in time for an additional heavy dose of snow. We thought we would be able to travel and see more of the kids and grandkids that live in Idaho and Utah, but now the cost of diesel is so high I don't think that is going to happen.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go Dad - looking good! You figured it out! It will be fun to check in and see what you're up to.

Nanette Hirschi said...

Yeah...I love blogging! Now we can really know what's going on with you guys! I was in anaheim March 28-April 7, was going to rent a car and drive to see you. I talked with Michelle one of the first nights I was there and she said you were in Vancouver...I was so sad:( Darn, almost got to see you. Nanette