Friday, November 14, 2008

Getting Settled

Getting settled into our site here at Morro Bay State Park. Warm today. 83 right now and windy. Normal is upper 60's. This is a large park with 137 campsites. Wanda and I are the firewood hosts. We supply 3 campgrounds along this section of coast with firewood to sell to campers.
I go out with Calif. Dept. of Forestry who use prisoners to cut and split the wood. Very interesting guys to say the least. They are all within 3 to 5 years from completing their sentences. On Saturdays, I use people who are completing community service requirements because of DUI's and etc. One guy I had last week still has 180 hours to work off. He must have been really drunk!
I'll get some pictures of the area and post them on our blog.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It sounds beautiful there.I'm looking forward to some pictures. I had to laugh when I read your post. Are you like a Dept of Corrections/logger supervisor or something? Haha...

And are you doing this as a volunteer???